11. What was your first exposure to Anime, Manga, and/or Japanese Pop Culture?
Kidnapped by geeks the first week of college as a wee undergrad.
12. How many hours do you estimate that you are exposed to Anime, Manga, and/or Japanese Pop Culture in a given day? A given week?
Depending on whether my husband and I are working our way through an anime series or not, anywhere from 1-6 hours a week.
13. Do you consider yourself to be part of the Anime/Manga fandom? If so, would you consider yourself a casual fan or an 'Otaku' - a serious fan?
Casual at best.
14. Do you interact or participate in any Anime/Manga fandom groups ether online or in your everyday life? If so describe your level of participation and activities.
15. Do you attend any conventions relating to Anime, Manga, and/or Japanese Pop Culture? If so how many per year?
No; I went to one in Pittsburgh years ago, but that was it.
16. What do you consider to be your top three favorite Anime and/or Manga series/titles - If any?
Favorite movie: Mononoke hime (though I've loved all of Miyazaki's work that I've seen)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (anime series, not movies)
Fruits Basket (anime)
17. On a scale of 0-10 (10 being the greatest amount of influence), how much influence do you believe that Anime, Manga, and/or Japanese Pop Culture have had on your personal Religious/Spiritual beliefs and/or practices? If Anime, Manga, and Japanese Pop Culture have influenced you - How exactly has it influenced you?
Maybe 2, but mostly for quantity, not quality. San from Mononoke Hime is part of my personal pantheon of deities (along with Grecian Artemis, among others).
18. What was your first exposure to Japanese Religious Traditions?
About a year ago I went to a rite at the Shinto temple up in Washington state. Got a basic book on Shinto while there, but haven't read it yet. Though I'm vaguely aware of the animistic elements of Miyazaki's work, especially Spirited away.
19. If you currently practice a religion with Japanese origins (including sects of Buddhism and other religions originating in Japan) and were not born into the tradition, do you feel that exposure to Anime, Manga, and/or Japanese Pop Culture contributed to your decision to follow this path?
20. Do you have any personal religious/spiritual practices (outside of those that are formally part of your primary religious tradition) that have originated in Japan or are derived from Japanese practices such as Reiki Healing, Zazen, using Omamori, Performing Misogi under a waterfall, honoring/venerating/worshiping a Japanese Kami and/or Bodhisattva, et cetera? If so, list and describe these practices.
I was attuned to Reiki I, but never really did much with it.
21. Do your personal religious/spiritual practices include any practices derived from Anime, Manga, and/or Japanese Pop Culture or involving an characters or mythos derived from Anime, Manga, and/or Japanese Pop Culture? If so describe these practices.